Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story.

glad to hear I am on the right track with putting a single driver as a buying requirement.

Come to think of it , although bass gets the majority of attention, in thinking a bit, treble has always been the frequencies that I more quickly found fault with. I am not saying it is impossible, but a separate little tweeter must be very hard to make musical, and even harder in my price range.

I screwed up on the high octaves before, and wouldn't enjoy repeating that mistake.

I once bought a car speaker I thought was trick, it was a Jenson 6x9 much like any other , except this one had a separate piezo tweeter in a little pod, a great advance over the more common treble drivers placed in the middle of the 6x9 oval that dominated the car stereo market back then.

The problem was I fell for some hype, at the time I read a lot of audio magazines, and they were trumpeting that piezo electric tweeters had just been developed and the world was rosy. it was only a bit later that they happened to mention the things were as annoying as a back up alarm to listen to, only more shrill. Heck , I could have told them that , the first time I tried out my new speaker installation.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story. - beach cruiser 01:41:39 06/07/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.