Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story.

I think you're wise to stick with single driver earphones. I've owned four or five FiiO multi-driver earphones and now FiiO quit making them. I'd never seen earphones with four and five drivers and I thought they'd be impressive, especially at their prices. One of them cost $500. However, the high frequencies sounded a bit strident to me.

FiiO gave up on the multi-driver earphones in favor if single driver earphones and these new FiiO single driver models are the best I've ever heard. The EM5, FD5, and FD7 are really spectacular. I also own Grado HP-1 and RS-2 in addition to Koss ESP/950 electrostatic headphones, but the FiiO EM5, FD5, and FD7 sound noticeably better to me. The FD7 is the best sounding earphone or headphone I've ever heard.

I'd love to own Stax electrostatic headphones, but I just can't force myself to spend the money. The only model I want is their top-of-the-line, but I'm not willing to spend $10,000. I wish I could borrow a pair to compare with my FiiO FD7. I might be willing to spend $10,000 if they actually sounded significantly better than the $600 FD7 earphones.

Good luck,
John Elison

Edits: 06/04/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.