Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

need advice on earbuds under $100, please.

just as the title says, and thanks for the help.

I was enthused about a pair of earbuds at the eighty dollar price point, to upgrade the more modest stuff I now cycle through , until the connector wires fail.

I just wanted a better sound when I use my laptop, using a non amplified transmission line.

I have been ok using a JVC something with an XX molded into the plastic, explosive , or something like that is the name , @ around the $20 price point. They were pitched as durable on the box, which triggered my purchase, and was pleased with the sound, delivered with a slight bass boast, without high note shiver, unobtrusive and pleasant with a little clip on radio I also use

Saw shure IEM ear buds advertised and figured that would be a simple solution. I have always liked the shure sound and products, and the product was well reviewed by customers as an established and well regarded product, if not cutting edge.

Then I checked and found that IEM was short for inner ear monitor, and was designed for a stage performance, blocking outside sound, a deal breaker of a feature. I don't want to be isolated from outside noise.

And, according to judged durability , might use them when I bike ride, where the loss of a relatively inexpensive item like I now use ($20) after many miles of enjoyment, is somewhat acceptable. sound isolation would be a poor choice where I ride, and I ride on the sidewalks whenever possible, with the very few encountered pedestrians given the right of way always.

The shure product had replaceable wires, which had me considering possible outside active use for an $80 product with thin wires.

I would welcome any advice that might help form my buying decision. If I were to jump in at a higher price point, I would get headphones and a bigger driver, the good stuff that needs a dedicated amp. I still need to upgrade my primary system amp, so it's earbud city for me.

Thank in advance. I know miniaturization can get costly, so can flex the budget a bit, for something exceptional , but don't want to spend a lot of money on tiny little drivers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - need advice on earbuds under $100, please. - beach cruiser 14:32:34 05/26/22 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.