just as the title says, and thanks for the help.
I was enthused about a pair of earbuds at the eighty dollar price point, to upgrade the more modest stuff I now cycle through , until the connector wires fail.
I just wanted a better sound when I use my laptop, using a non amplified transmission line.
I have been ok using a JVC something with an XX molded into the plastic, explosive , or something like that is the name , @ around the $20 price point. They were pitched as durable on the box, which triggered my purchase, and was pleased with the sound, delivered with a slight bass boast, without high note shiver, unobtrusive and pleasant with a little clip on radio I also use
Saw shure IEM ear buds advertised and figured that would be a simple solution. I have always liked the shure sound and products, and the product was well reviewed by customers as an established and well regarded product, if not cutting edge.
Then I checked and found that IEM was short for inner ear monitor, and was designed for a stage performance, blocking outside sound, a deal breaker of a feature. I don't want to be isolated from outside noise.
And, according to judged durability , might use them when I bike ride, where the loss of a relatively inexpensive item like I now use ($20) after many miles of enjoyment, is somewhat acceptable. sound isolation would be a poor choice where I ride, and I ride on the sidewalks whenever possible, with the very few encountered pedestrians given the right of way always.
The shure product had replaceable wires, which had me considering possible outside active use for an $80 product with thin wires.
I would welcome any advice that might help form my buying decision. If I were to jump in at a higher price point, I would get headphones and a bigger driver, the good stuff that needs a dedicated amp. I still need to upgrade my primary system amp, so it's earbud city for me.
Thank in advance. I know miniaturization can get costly, so can flex the budget a bit, for something exceptional , but don't want to spend a lot of money on tiny little drivers.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - need advice on earbuds under $100, please. - beach cruiser 14:32:34 05/26/22 (18)
- RE:fit is #1 - LtMandella 08:12:14 10/07/22 (1)
- RE:fit is #1 - John Elison 10:38:06 03/31/23 (0)
- howabout $50 or so? - hifitommy 18:21:23 06/29/22 (3)
- thanks, already purchased some - beach cruiser 08:55:39 07/04/22 (2)
- misson creep and my buying decision, flair E prototypes earphones - beach cruiser 18:54:50 06/10/22 (0)
- Shure - jedrider 12:17:53 06/02/22 (3)
- resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story. - beach cruiser 19:58:03 06/03/22 (2)
- RE: resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story. - John Elison 10:12:50 06/04/22 (1)
- RE: resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story. - beach cruiser 01:41:39 06/07/22 (0)
- RE: need advice on earbuds under $100, please. - John Elison 17:54:24 05/27/22 (3)
- very useful suggestion , thanks for the time - beach cruiser 19:34:54 05/28/22 (2)
- thanks for the advice - beach cruiser 13:07:57 05/27/22 (0)
- RE: need advice on earbuds under $100, please. - newvinyl 07:20:09 05/27/22 (1)
- obviously I was careless in the ordering of my reply - beach cruiser 20:08:04 06/03/22 (0)