Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

very useful suggestion , thanks for the time

I have seen your contributions on the vinyl forum, and value a suggestion from such a skilled person who is also generous enough to share intelligent insight.

Thank you, the suggestion triggered some needed further thought on my purchase goals.

The suggested product has a lot going for it, and I quickly shredded my hypothetical price restrictions once I started looking around the manufactures web site. . I suppose most audio enthusiasts knows how that goes. Beyond the honest and detailed advanced product features presentation, I was impressed that they mentioned who made their drivers.

When I was shopping for speakers, I quickly learned to separate those who identified who made the drivers as superior to the guys who just used anonymous parts in such a critical role. it certainly simplified and condensed my possible buy list quickly. ( really straining to not talk about my drivers here)

Right now I am giving some further thought , and favor the focal brand @ $150 dollars, but only after further exploration of the FiiO stuff going for around $200.

FiiO seems more aggressive with product features than focal, who makes their drivers in house, and has been around long enough as a respected company that I know the name . the inner ear monitor stuff is the hang up. I don't know the products, and don't know how seriously to take the sound blocking abilities advertised as IEM by FiiO. FiiO offers silver wire at a lower price , on the other hand, gaining further credibility.

once I gain some familiarity with this product category, I might jump in more deeply. If in fact, what seems outside my understanding is true, that dinkey little drivers can make the cut against regular squadron commander size headphones with large drivers , the comfort of earphones is the clear winner.

I will not be looking forward to buying the amplification needed. Same problem as the phones, high goals, short money, no product knowledge. Yet I remain interested in a really unneeded and potentially costly change in my hi fi direction, all because of a long ago binaural recording demonstration through some stax electrostatic headphones. My baby step is just new computer earphones, that will probably do it. It took me a long time to have a system that sounded better than most headphones, so have some resistance to explore this direction seriously, and I really like spending money on car travel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.