Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

thanks for the advice

what I was trying to get across and failed was that I am familiar with in ear headphones and how fit effects performance, I just didn't want to get into extreme sound isolation , as a stage performance situation might require.

I sympathize with being frustrated with poor durability . As a matter of fact my first experience with better earbuds was with the shure brand, which came with a nice little zippered case but wasn't expensive enough for a replaceable wire feature, but that didn't matter, one side broke at the plastic on the way to the wire.

that experience had me happy with minimal investment in the fragile little items, but I think I will give a little higher price point another try. I subscribe to The NY Times, and they have a feature where Wirecutter tests and recommends products, which I find credible, so will probably follow their recommendation of some brand I never heard of .

You might be surprised at how many pleasant bike miles I have ridden over the years with music or information playing in my ears. once you have enough bad ideas through the years, you learn to compensate, somewhat.

BTW, My state law agrees with your position on safety, as I do, and enacted laws against piloting a vehicle while wearing headphones way back in the 60's, long before in ear speakers were invented.
I take the responsibility of piloting a car much more seriously than bike riding . I use my bike much more often than my car, at least my legs are in shape.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • thanks for the advice - beach cruiser 13:07:57 05/27/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.