Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: do you know if bronze will support gapless tracks

>my Panasonic DVD-RP82 crashes on Eric's one second tracks

There is a 1-second minimum track length. I have added a warning to discWelder to warn the user. I think that having a one second track is a pretty unusual situation.

Presumably Eric's player handles this condition. Some players are more strict than others. Some players handle out-of-spec conditions better than others. FWIW, my Toshiba 4700 handles sub-second tracks just file

>the Denon DVD-2200 only sends digital out for left channel, Panasonic sends digital out for both left/right on that disc

So one player works and the other does not. Have you considered that the player's firmware might be the issue? I have encountered many quirky interpretations of the spec. in Pioneer, Panasonic and Toshiba players. What program material does this S/PDIF behavior appear on? Stereo? 5.1? Both? PCM 5.1 tracks are usually downmixed using the SMART coefficients. I just tried a downmix test with the latest STEEL version and it works great on the Toshiba.

I will try to find both the Denon and Panasonic and try these cases.

>i have not encountered any commercially pressed DVD-As that have these problems.

How many MEI-authored disc do you have that have 1-second tracks?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: do you know if bronze will support gapless tracks - cdr@minnetonkaaudio.com 14:58:00 06/17/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.