Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Hi Wilkes, welcome here :)

Hi all,

I wonder to buy a DVD-A software for transfering some 3000 classical LP Vinil records in a 96\24 or better maybe 192\24 Bit quality to a double layer DVD 9 discs. I look for a programs to do this and I cannot decide what would be the best and the most economical solution to do this. It is a Wavelab 5.0 which cower all what i need, even its price I can aford, Or Adobe Audition 1.5 and DiscWelder Steel in tandem. I already buy an Nec DVD writer (double layer) and media is also available. I have WaveTerminal L sound card for Audio rec. My wish if it is possible to store on 1 DVD dual Layer disc 7 hours of DVD - A content + menus simple ones shouldnt be a problem ?
Is there anyone try to write on a 9 GB disc such an audio content- 7 hours of music 2 ch stereo. Is this possible or is DVD - A standard limited to 4,7 GB disc capacity only ? Are this two programs write to a dual layer disc ? do they recognize NEC writer at all ?
Any infos related would be of great help to me to buy the most optimal combination for the quite long period of using and to save all the my music library for the future and for the kids also but not shure if they will love classical music as I do.

Pls. forgive my broken English...

Many thanks in advance to anyone who will respond,

Mojca

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hi Wilkes, welcome here :) - Mojca 17:03:01 08/06/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.