Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: "weeks of work"???

ahh i see. i was confused because you seem to be saying in the past that DADs take a lot more time to author than DVD-As. Perhaps i misunderstood you. That was your reply to me stating that i would prefer burning a DAD than a DVD-A.

But your statement is still a bit disingenuous because a complex DVD-A with lots of menus and and bonus features and a corresponding DVD-V content will also take a lot of effort to author properly. Certainly the commercially produced DVD-As have non-trivial menu content.

so, i don't know why you are singling out DVD-V as being time consuming when it's equally time consuming in DVD-A if you want to achieve the same level of complexity.

i seem to recall that you said it would take hours to create a DAD but creating a DVD-A using DW Steel only took minutes. but when i created a DAD using DVD Architect (arguably of the same complexity as your DVD-A) it only took minutes so i'm not sure why you made that comment. am i totally confused?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.