Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: discWelder Chrome II released

Can I just make a couple of corrections to the last post?
Dual layer DVD-R support is not included probably because it does not yet exist!
DVD+R dual layer support is a different animal, and a format not recognised by the DVD Forum, and as such could not be used for replication as these discs content cannot ever carry the DVD Logos.

MLP support is virtually mandatory for DVD-A, as not only will it allow 24/96 surround - you cannot achieve this without MLP as you exceed the available bitrate - but it halves the filesize thus leaving plenty of room for Video Zone content.

Linking to VTS material is good - although users of the last Version 1.0.57 already know that this is present in beta form in that release & you can link to an imported VTS from Group 1.

It is not that expensive either, considering the price of Sonic Solutions DVD-Audio Creator, at $5,000 for the LE version and a staggering $15,000 for the full version.

Comparisons with Waveab are futile. WaveLab does not have half thefunctionality or any of the intuitive use of Chrome. No DLT, No MLP support, No VideoZone legality checker, no 24/96 surround higher than Quad, No motion menus, No PSD import, No videozone creator, the list goes on and on.

Chrome will continue to riule the roost, and I have already bought my copy. Now if only the couriers will deliver before the end of next week.....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: discWelder Chrome II released - neilwilkes@opusproductions.com 04:37:27 06/11/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.