Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: DAD vs DVD-A... (long)

it sounds like you have different requirements from me, which is cool. remember, i am only interested in burning DADs from LPs - I have zero interest in compilation albums of my CDs - i prefer listening to the CDs themselves. and i have no interest in ripping music off SACDs - why not just listen to them as they are on the SACDs?

I have 3 DVD-V players, only 1 DVD-A player. if i burn a DVD-A, i am limited to 1 player. If i burn a DAD, i can play it in all my players (including PCs). i have no interest in distributing any of the stuff i do (it's illegal to distribute rips anyway).

*** As I said, DVD-V authoring is actually a lot of fun, and allows you to do a lot more things than DVD-Audio authoring, and that's what I'm investigating right now. For example, you have the ability to use subtitles to display some information about the tracks, or comments, etc, or you have the ability to use several different versions using language options, add bonus groups, etc. ***

I guess I have a different perspective. I don't like fancy features, in fact i don't want any menus etc. I just want to listen to music, preferably in a darkened room.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.