Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: discWelder and DVD-V

Unless the disc is a DVD-9 dual layer one, then it all fits.
Trust me - you cannot share the LPCM files across 2 Zones. They multiplex into different folders & different files. It is a VOB for all audio, embedded with video content where the video content takes priority. In the Audio Zone they multiplex into AOB files. Completely different. Otherwise you wouldn't need a separate player, would you?
How long is the content on each - if you tell me playing times for each format I will do the sums.
Bet you it is a dual layer disc - it would fit then.

If you use Scenarist there is a workaround to create genuine legal content. Cannot remember off the top of my head what.
I would not bet on DVD-Lab either.
Your problem with that one is that only the beta Pro version can create multiple audio streams, and you cannot preview the audio properly either. It passes it over to a pre installed media player. It is not built in.

Also, you have the region encoding prohibition to worry about too. A lot of the little navigation tricks that are used in DVD-V are illegal in DVD-A.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.