Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: discWelder and DVD-V

how is background audio in menus handled in the authoring process? is this sharable as assets across audio_ts and video_ts?

i wish i can remember the title, but it was definitely a DVD-9. i can't remember the length of the material, but i seem to remember doing a rough calculation and unless the LPCM (which were all encoded as background audio in menus) were shared it wouldn't fit even into a DVD-9.

you mentioned that it is possible to share video across the zones but with restrictions. why can't the LPCM be encoded this way? ie. a a blank video track and a 96/24 audio track. i know it's possible to author this way because i've seen it done. a 96/24 2.0 audio track is only 4608 bits/sec so it's well within specs.

remember for my home burnt discs i don't care about region encoding or copy protection. also remember "amateurs" like me would be unlikely to be interested in recording 5.1 audio and also unable to afford MLP, dts encoders. in fact, i doubt i will want to spend more than say US$200 on a tool so even Wavelab is out of my price range.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.