Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

I like the idea of Lang Lang. :-)

Really, after seeing what the Chinese have done with companies like Acoustat and Quad, I'm really, really glad that Magnepan is still making their speakers here.

Wendell also asks whether people would rather deal with some call center in Bangalore where the people don't know anything than talk to the factory where they can actually talk to someone who really knows the product. Their system clearly has some issues they'll have to fix but when it works as it usually does, it's a reminder of what customer service was like in the days before everything was outsourced and companies stopped caring about customer service.

I tried to order a NuPrime amp a few months ago and it was backordered, supposed to be coming from China one of these months -- eventually gave up and cancelled the order and got a Benchmark AHB2 instead. Apparently Emotiva has moved their manufacturing back to the US -- their prices have gone up a bit but apparently it serves them better than importing amps at this point.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.