Headphone Heights

resisting buying Chinese , plus free bonus Schwinn bike story.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

'); } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } // End -->
thanks for the reply. I have adjusted my price limit up to , at most , $250 after some shopping. I also now think a single driver design might be the best approach with my budget.

since I won't be able to hear the things before purchase, I figure putting as much distance between my old price point, and new, will hopefully deliver a positive change I will more easily discern.

not really in love with that concept, because I could add that money in to get some real audiophile headphones at higher price points.

plus my past experience, with <$25 stuff, was that they were all somewhat disposable, the way I care for them. turns out running them through bicycle spokes downhill gives one that noise free, ink black background everyone wants, but nothing else.

now, I have pretty much given up shopping for fidelity, and am just looking for a product that won't have an unknown amount of questionable labor or material practices used in making the product.

It seems I am swimming against a pretty big stream with that ask, obviously it is hard to compete against the labor coasts of slaves, exploitive working conditions , or unregulated manufacturing pollution . It seems there must have been a lot of can't beat them, let's join them , decisions made in the past.

another personal situation is that the higher priced stuff is aimed at a buyer who know what they are doing , a more sophisticated consumer than myself. And I don't want to buy some marginal amplification that would only used to make some cheap earphones , or headphones drive properly. To me marginal amplification, besides being unrewarding every single time you even look at it, is just landfill waiting to happen.

I value your suggestion, my last excursion away from the bottom end was with shure earphones, where I broke , not the wires, the main body.

I bought them because I am a big fan of shure products, and still run the last of a string of carts from them , although now using it with a Japanese tip. of course, all their earphones seem to now be Chinese, but are well received.

As an aside, old guys like me will remember when Schwinn bicycles dominated the american mass market bicycle scene. They were having a tough time competing on price, so decided to cut labor costs and move production to china, which at the time , had significantly lower production costs than now.

the first product was unacceptable for the american market, so they had Schwinn production managers go over and show them how to paint and finish, and make the entire product suitable for the american market.

Now , it is hard to find a Schwinn bike, save for big box store cheap stuff not sold in bike shops, while their Chinese trading partner, Giant bicycles , is occupying the floor space where Schwann once ruled.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]