Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Is anyone interested in a DVD-Audio disc containing test signals?

Yes! I would like this very much!

Nobody seems to think about equipment tests anymore, only speaker tests, but I like to analyze distortion in various ways, starting with THD and THD+N. For high frequencies, the my LAUD/Fiji analyzer won't cut it, and I have to use a slow HP analog spectrum analyzer instead. So what I want is:

Sine waves that last a while, not just 15 sec (I hate those), but 1-10 minutes for a good slow spectrum scan.

For example, 1Khz for 5 minutes would be very nice.

Also, some higher frequencies, starting with 20K - 30K. 1 minute apiece would be OK.

Also, a good 19+20Khz "IM" test, for at least 5 minutes so I can scan deep into the millihertz. Make it 10 minutes if possible. This is a great test! Nothing is "perfect" on this one.

Also, a linearity test at 0, -10, -20, -30, -40, -50, -60, -70, -80, -90, -95, -100, -105, -110, -115, -120, -125. This could all be at 1Khz, each for 1 minute.

I've been getting so fed up with the typical 15 sec test tone disks, I've been thinking of burning my own 80 minutes of 1Khz CD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.