Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Thanks - Charles

In fact, with your permission, I am happy to replicate the signals you use in your "Irrational But Efficacious" disc - that can be in a group by itself, and I can even do it at whatever resolution you want. If you send me the exact specs for the signals (including track length), I'm sure i can replicate them using my method (below).

I've discovered that most signal generators are not very accurate at low levels, esp. below -60dB, due to quantization errors generated by the fixed point algorithms. For example, I found generating a sine wave at -59.94dB resulted in a wave that didn't even track at -59.94 - it was off by as much as 1% (very significant for test and measurement purposes). I had to devise a different approach that yielded a waveform that measured at -59.941dB (well within spec). In fact, all the waveforms i generate are accurate down to 0.01dB resolution (even at -100dB, which is the lowest level i try to generate).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks - Charles - Christine Tham 23:45:58 11/13/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.