Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

IEM Earphones

A couple of years ago I became interested in IEM earphones and I began buying FiiO earphones. I guess the thing that got me interested was the fact that some of the expensive FiiO IEM earphones had multiple drivers in each earpiece. I bought several of them and one model had a single dynamic driver augmented by as many as four additional balanced armature drivers. Then all of sudden, FiiO came out with an expensive single driver IEM earphone and stopped making their multiple driver models. They began producing more of the expensive single drive models and I bought several of them. To my surprise, I decided the expensive single driver models actually sounded better than the elaborate multiple driver models. FiiO's most expensive single driver model is the FiiO FDX IEM earphone with a 12-millimeter beryllium diaphragm. To my ears, it sounds better than all my headphones and all the other IEM earphones I own.

I wonder if anyone else has tried the new FiiO FDX IEM earphone. I was told that it originally sold for $900, but when I first saw it on Amazon it was selling for $700. Then, just before Christmas, it went on sale for $493 and it's still on sale at that price from Amazon. I don't know how long it will remain at that price, but it seems to be an exceptional deal for such a high quality earphone.

Anyway, I'm very interested in finding out if anyone else has purchased this earphone and whether or not they also feel it sounds exceptional.

Happy New Year!
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - IEM Earphones - John Elison 17:02:49 12/28/22 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.