Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: STAX Headphones

John -

I've been a STAX fan for almost five years. I own SR-407 & 507 earspeakers & two energizers, one with 6CA7 tubes. I live in an apartment & try to be a good neighbor, so I exclusively use the stats - no speakers for me.

Their speed & transparency are amazing. Music just "happens." Very natural-sounding. I have a copy of DSOTM on vinyl that I have yet to clean. I can't wait to hear "Money" & "Time" through either pair.

Most of the STAX pairs are not high on sex appeal. They look goofy, although nothing like Jecklin Floats. Yours look like "normal" headphones. I'd love a pair of L700s, but finances absolutely prohibit that purchase, for now. I think HiFiMan makes Jade II phones, which I'd like to try, along with Koss ESP-950s, however, I understand that they can squeal. They also require an adaptor plug for use with a STAX energizers.

eBay is your friend to a certain degree, but one has to be very careful when buying energizers. There are a lot of great deals from Japanese sellers, but the line voltage there is 100V. I've bought three pairs of earspeakers & two energizers from US sellers with no
problems.

Enjoy your new phones!

"'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice./And when justice is gone, there's always force./And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!" Laurie Anderson, "O Superman (For Massenet)"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: STAX Headphones - sisterray 09:41:28 09/05/23 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.