Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Ping Michael Samra-HK TA-260

Jsax
Its all predicated on how you build the amp..What I like about this particular unit is that its laid out like a separate amp and preamp and its very thoughtful in the way its presented.
I use the citation kit in it from Jim with 820s@250 for the doublers and the F&T or JJ dual 100@500v caps and a single dual 50@500v as I remember.
It goes without saying to use the k40 paper in oil caps in it throughout and you can mix some polypros in the preamp and I use the muse caps for all the bypasses in the early stages.
This receiver has beautiful posture in the way it presents the music and it even has the extra out for a sub so you can toy with more innefficient speakers.It uses the 7355s which are more like a pseudo 6v6 and they cheap to buy and they sound very good.You have a 5k plate transformer so if you wanted to change the tubes to el34s,you could do rather easily and you would only have to tweak the neg bias a bit.This amp has tons of potential and its so quiet and so well laid out thats it become a favorite of the hot rodders to upgrade or modify.
It was a very expensive receiver at the time and I believe I saw it at 339.00 in a 1959 ad. I would definitely put yours back in working condition and then upgrade it properly..I can help you over the phone if you need me to and just email me a phone number when its convenient and I call as I have free LD service..

No matter how stir the pot,you only get out as good as what goes in.Power supplies matter most.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.