Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Zwift and a smart trainer ??

Ha! I think your daughter got the better end of that deal but what are Dads for? After retiring I had to return the company issued laptop so I bought a 13" MBA M2 about a year ago. It's my go to portable / travel laptop.

Just for grins I connected the MBA to a Dell curved screen LCD and launched Zwift software. I setup a Zwift account so I can explore and watch various bike rides but I don't have a smart trainer or a paid-for Zwift subscription. Zwift software is compatible with a variety of indoor bicycle smart trainers and they sell their own. I came close to buying one but never did as I wasn't sure if I would take full advantage of a $15/mo (or $150/yr) Zwift subscription.

Do you have a different setup for indoor training? My bike has been hanging in the garage for the winter.

MBA connected to Dell curved LCD + External Logitech Keyboard + External Mouse:

I don't have a smart trainer or Zwift subscription so I just lurk around and watch different rides.
Zwift software runs on PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad/AppleTV/Android devices but looks better on devices with decent graphics processing.
For example, it works on AppleTV but the graphics aren't quite as realistic. Shadows look real on MBA but are lacking on AppleTV.

Edits: 02/29/24 02/29/24

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Zwift and a smart trainer ?? - AbeCollins 08:56:16 02/29/24 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.