Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Hifiman HE400 mods

I made three changes to the HE400's after listening to what they do to the image. First, it seemed to me that the image was wider that me ears by about six inches on either side. Second, the screen on the ear pads was like another curtain between the music and me. Last, it needed a better cable. I won't go into the cable here, but I did address the issue.

To fix the image I cut felt pads to go over the outside grill. Two layer for each side. That not only made in image more like what I hear from my speakers it also improved the sound. The bass is much better and the top end is smoothed out. Detail seemed to came out of nowhere. No traffic jamming.

The pads were easy, just remove the ear pads and cut out the screen. There is still one more screen inside so don't worry. You might want to get a headphone stand that covers the pads to keep dust out. These simple changes made a new machine out of these headphones. Try it, you'll love it. bobwire

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Hifiman HE400 mods - bobwire 09:52:58 10/20/22 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.