Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I have the Sennheiser Momentum original model....

and I like you like them. You didn't say which model of Momentum you have, the one I have has smaller earcups which I find annoying but I love the sound so much that I overlook that issue. There have been several upgrades to the Momentum headphone and I think the newest model has a more comfortable larger earcup.As I mentioned below I also have a vintage pair of AKG K141's which I also like as well. They however are a more larger on-ear and after a while the clamping force will get to you and they are a semi-open design. My most recent purchase was a Phillips Fidelio L2 and they have a VERY lush detailed sound AND the build quality is unlike anything I have seen in that price range. If you like the Momentums I guarantee that you would like the Fidelio headphones. The only downside to them for your purpose is that they are open back. I picked up a pair in like new condition on Ebay for $80. dollars, and I LOVE them. I think in the Fidelio line Phillips makes a closed back phone but I have not heard it. In the linked video the reviewer talks about the differences between the two Fidelio L series models.. He can be a little crass at times but has some good information. You might search his videos for other suggestions of other models as well...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.