Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Audioquest Cobalt Inquiry........

"As a Red owner if you want more output you desperately need to see an audiologist. No, I am not making a joke. Without further information you apparently have a serious hearing problem."

Some YouTube videos, like the one linked, don't quite play loud enough on my laptop, with the settings maxed out. (Most videos do play loud enough, but not all. I tried some "volume boost" programs, but the sound quality suffered.)

I was just wondering if the Cobalt had more "gain" than the Red. Unless there is an alternative way to increase the volume on a Windows PC, and I don't realize it.

"How are you using the AQ Red? Please advise 'phones/IEMs , hardware and software platforms."

The device is plugged directly into a USB port. I use an HP EliteBook Core i7, Beyerdynamic DT880 plugged directly into the unit. Unit runs on Windows 10. (More-efficient headphones may be my only solution.)

I posted a similar question on Amazon..... Apparently, this is a problem that is not unique to my setup. The Windows "Mixer" may not provide full volume with devices that don't have enough gain/efficiency.

Edits: 07/24/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.