Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Feliks Elise

I can concur The Elise so far, still breaking in, is on the warm side of neutral but not overly so. The warmth is enhanced by my use of Cardas Gold Reference interconnects. Yes I know which 6SN7s to try. I own both the KXX by AKG but mostly use my Sennheiser HD 700s. I am embarrassed to admit that I have forgotten what the impedance for each is. So far the Senns sound very good but so far the amp doesn't quite have the air, resolution and detail the SinglePower had.
I know people hate Mikhail now for his criminal actions, but for whatever reason his crazy, messy, amp designs sounded good until he lost his mind. I think I know what happened to him but PM me on that one. I might switch to more precise cooler wires such as all silver. I have some other interconnects around despite being in exile. Do you think the AKGs will be a better match impedance wise?
Feliks makes an upgraded Elise. That what they told me was their top of the line amp, essentially was. Same basic concept just more expensive and I suppose maximized components. I was very unhappy about their recent price increases (up 50%) but they got a deal with Focal headphones. Focal headphones are to be shown and demoed at shows, with Feliks amps. They developed better packaging etc. as well.
The Russian winged C, 6H13G the 6AS7G equivalent I would think would be on the cool side but I have a lot of tubes to try , even the vaunted WE 421s. I am anxious to try the Sylvania Gold Brand 6080 NIB tubes I recently bought in anticipation of this amp. Those are rare birds, to my eyes anyway, never have seen another pair. Plenty of regular Sylvanias but no Gold Brands.
I think I have a real job in front of me if I were to try most of my 6SN7s and equivalents. I have to ask the engineers if I can try those British ECC32s or 33s. I will give the Raytheon T plates a shot. I didn't know you liked them so much.
I will try to get the tools you mentioned, I already have a set of small star head screw drivers.

Edits: 12/15/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.