Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Beauty vs.Performance..or Both

Hi, I just read the review in Stereophile of the new Franco Serblin Accordo Goldberg loudspeaker.Then on my coffee table I grabbed the December 2023 issue of Stereophile.Out of curiosity I read the DeVore Orangutan O/baby review.Both use well known drivers,Seas and Scanspeak.Without even reading the articles go right to John Atkinsons frequency response graph.The Orangutan is ruler flat and much deeper in bass performance.The Goldberg without the stand is 13,475 and the stand is 2,500.The Orangutan is 5,700 a pair and the stands are 995 dollars.Atkinson tried to be polite in his last paragraph about the Goldberg's but if you read between the lines might be giving you a little hint.In the past Herb Reichert has compared various loudspeakers in his reviews against each other.From what I just typed above is why some readers might want to see more of that so that Stereophile becomes more of a tool that could help people of all incomes select a speaker system not just the wealthy, thanks...Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Beauty vs.Performance..or Both - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 10:38:09 07/15/24 (52)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.