Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Biamp / triamp MGIIIA...?

Yes, doing the room EQ, time alignment, etc would require a calibrated mic. Take a look at the miniDSP webpage, there is also a forum associated with miniDSP. The miniDSP is going to be easier to connect to single-ended components, and designed more towards home audio use. However, it's more expensive and the room EQ is a separate software module you need to buy in addition to the DSP unit and the calibration mic. I don't know if it has digital inputs, it shows coax, HDMI, and optical jacks on the back, but not sure whether they are inputs or outputs.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/ht-series/flex-htx

The DBX Venu360 has a really nice/easy user interface, it can be controlled either by a laptop or iPad, iPhone, or Android device. The room EQ function is part of the unit, and you don't need to buy a separate software suite, all you would need is the DBX calibrated mic to do room measurements. It has 4 AES digital channels @96kHz that can be used for inputs, or you can combo 2 analog channels as inputs and 2 digital, then select which channels you wish to utilize. As I said before, the only drawback is all inputs/outputs are with balanced connectors, so AES would need to come from balanced AES outputs, or converted to balanced AES, and analog inputs/outputs would need to be converted to single ended if sources/amps are single ended.

I use a Rane Balance Buddy unit to do the input/output conversions. There -can- be issues with input impedance, and with grounding using the Rane BB. If you go this route and need help I can give some guidance on it but I can't guarantee it will work flawlessly or all input/output problems can be solved with it. The DAC in the Venu360 is very good IMO, I don't have any problems with the sound of it's converters.

https://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/driverack-venu360

These are only two DSP units, there are many manufacturers of these types of units. MiniDSP is probably the more commonly used unit for home audio use.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.