Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: XO-1 for MG IIIa's

I do take into consideration the alterations I made when making comments and suggestions to other Tympani owners. I often have to erase comments that came from my own system's unique peculiarities. E.G. suggesting low power triode amps that fit my 96db sensitive midrange but are unlikely to fit anyone else's setup. Also the Neo8 does dominate the sound outside the bass, particularly now in my current experiment with low/no phase midrange. Without a low pass on the midrange it goes up to over 10khz with significant output.

I was unaware that Magnepan altered the XO for the T-IVa. Though I recall early on noting that other's T-IV and IVa didn't necessarily have gold plated set screw connectors as mine has. BTW are your maggie connectors gold plated? The dealer that sold me my pair had told me that it was owned by a reviewer in the SF bay area since it was new and that it may have been a special order from magnepan since it looked different to them than others though they couldn't say in what way it was different. But I discounted that since Magnepan don't do "special" by policy. I just thought they were buttering me up for the purchase.

Anyway, I should be more careful and check things more thoroughly before making these suggestions. I will also fix the dangerously incorrect post with an edit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: XO-1 for MG IIIa's - Satie 10:36:26 12/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.