Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: EMU 0404 USB-leopard with same spots!

Well,

I use it only as a usb to spdif convertor into my Behringer digital xover. I would not be listening to much music if what you said were correct. Foobar 0.9.4 loses the ASIO settings for the EMU each time you switch off the PC (bummer). Each time in your ASIO preferences you need to remove the EMU driver, add it again and map the left and right channels to SPDIF. Then select the EMU ASIO driver under ASIO.

In foobar 0.8.3 it is much easier you just need to shift channels by 2 (spdif is mapped to channels 3 and 4) and it does not lose the settings when you switch off the PC. Here are the instruction for 0.8.3

http://www.aqvox.de/Asio-USB-Audio-installation-e.htm

Look only at the foobar part. Select EMU ASIO USB (rather than Asioforall) under device (remember to shift channels by 2) and 32 bit under playback.

Support at Creative may be clueless, that their engineers are all right.

The same applies to winamp and MediaMonkey that use the same (otachan) asio plugin as foobar 0.8.3. The plugin for foobar 0.9.4 is different and I have not found any picture to illustrate the various steps, though google returned a verbal explanation for me when I was grappling with the issue some weeks ago (remember me checking spdif output level with a multimeter ;-> ?).

Please, we are trying to help but ask kindly rather than shouting unsubstantiated claims...

Best
Giulio

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.