Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Power amp suggestion please?

Like I tried to allude to before, I do not know which speakers in general the Odyssey Stratos would be an ideal match for, as I have never tried the amp myself, but the Concertinos are generally considered fairly good, as are all Sonus Fabers; if you like their interpretation of the signal fed them. I would not mind trying a pair of the Cremonas in my system.

You might try doing a search in the Asylum Amp/Preamp reviews for Odyssey Stratos to get a feel for what others think of the amp, at least under their conditions.

Just remember, your ears are your ears and there is nothing wrong with them. You spent your life listening to sounds all around, and your mind formed an imprint of the way certain things should sound, but also how sound in general functions, and how it should hit your ears (timing, phasing, etc.). If something coming from an audio system illicits a negative response or reaction from your senses, even if you are not sure why, there is probably something very wrong with it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Power amp suggestion please? - G man 07:53:38 04/25/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.