Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I hate my Quads!

As an authorized dealer and service center I never like hearing stories like this. I don't think it needs to be this way. But I never discount anyones experience.

I've been a huge QUAD fan since 1981 when I heard the original ESL. I was just a dumb 19 year old kid but wow I had never experienced anything like that before I was smitten instantly! I was working at the local high end dealer and we had all the top flight equipment of that era. Naturally that included QUAD.

I've been selling and servicing QUAD speakers for 20 years and have probably 700+ pair in the field after all these years. Have there been problems? Yes but very few. Thankfully. I think my failure rate is around 2%. I don't like that but failures are inevitable. I just had a pair of ESL-63 in for inspection that we did in 2008. They worked perfect. Many times when the speakers change hands the new owner wants to have me go over them. It's great to able to see how things are holding up over time.

Why are your speakers failing? It could be several reasons. I'm always happy to discuss by email or phone. It's a much too complicated subject to get into with on-line forums.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I hate my Quads! - kentaja 15:01:55 02/05/24 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.