Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ?

I guess there are always going to be some quirky installations due to different security permissions. Yes the latest beta version is what I have used on a few Win10 PC's/laptops. I vaguely recall that sometimes the EMU driver loads but not the support software (or the other way around)- and a repeat installation can allow the EMU USB Audio software (Control Panel V1.40) to load and see the device.

I haven't done the 'bad channel' mod yet. I'm not concerned about the noise spikes as I know about them, and if I really do need a clean spectrum then I use the 'good' input channel. They do show up on an REW impedance plot (as both input channels are used), but again it is pretty much just an aesthetic issue. I used the bad channel by default in order to keep the good channel in reserve (just in case I accidently damaged a channel) but many years of use has lead to some ad-hoc connection issues with the input combo jack so I now use the good channel by default. At some stage I will need to crack open the case and repair the input socket, so will delay the noisy channel fix till then, and also look at the option of increasing the input coupling cap to lower the bandwidth below default 10Hz, as that introduces phase shift and attenuation which degrades auto calibration below 10Hz and I do some testing down to 0.1Hz.

Edits: 05/04/21 05/04/21 05/04/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ? - trobbins 16:39:37 05/04/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.