Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ?

Not sure how much an ESI Juli@ goes for these days, but the L22 can pretty easily be had for under $200 shipped and including all dongles/cables (a bit of patience is an ingredient here). There's just not much interest for them on epay, so I'd be very aggressive with making offers on one (disregard the overseas listings at x2-x3+ the fair market price). The fact that they have fully supported drivers so many years later is priceless to me after the heartburn and frustration with such an exceptional - but ultimately useless - card as the EMU was.

Again, the negative I'm seeing with the L22 is more crankiness than I've expected to position of cables (relative to host computer, etc.) as far as the last of the zeroes in baseline performance goes, but for anything tube, that's so far below the DUT it's not even a consideration. Some of my measurements - even tuners, in some cases - go low enough in % that a card at this level of performance is a must. In this new house I'm in, space is much more at a premium than what I'm used to, so a box less on my bench was a major factor, hence the PCI solution. But I assume this dependency on cables placement etc. applies similarly to all solutions to this that are embedded into a desktop.

I'd be very interested in hearing how the ESI baselines in performance (loopback measurements).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ? - raq 11:23:09 05/03/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.