Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: ARTA measurement system for 2021 ?

I've used a modified EMU0404, also under Windows XP (as I just couldn't make it work under Windows 10 for my life, due to the unsupported drivers), and the performance was flawless.

As I've essentially lost my XP partition during the latest Windows updates (and getting my AP box hooked with an USB dongle), I've now switched to a Lynx L22 under Windows 10 (and ARTA). It's fine, though I miss how agnostic was the EMU to the interconnecting cables. For some reason, the Lynx seems far more sensitive to them. Performance is fine, though probably due to a lower baseline of noise I see more artifacts across the spectrum. I'm able to consistently get about 0.0005-0.0009% THD with just the AP (an S1) hooked up to measure itself.

So essentially, no issues with ARTA under Windows 10. For me, it actually works better than under XP as I was dealing with some pretty bad buffering (or something similar) events that were forcing me to continuously restart the measurements.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.