Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Or ETF?

The OMA gatherings are more "commercial" these days.

I wonder if we could start an online equivalent - a nicely (but not heavily) curated blog with several contributors. Interesting, artisanal, small-batch and custom builders. There are elements of this scattered around the web... I have fond memories of Dr. Gizmo and a few other sites from back in day.

Or, maybe we simply know more now - have been around it for a while - and therefore it seems less mysterious. These days, I find pentode-drives-DHT (mildly mysterious), direct-coupled-craziness, heavy-metal (lots of transformers), Sakuma-style, and old school (no solid state) interesting.

Add some quality wound transformers on funky cores, low DCR supplies (not necessarily LSES!), and build techniques tht follow a path less trodden - techniques that define the builder and what they are trying to achieve. Don was one. There are others.

BAJ (big audio jewellery) is most definitely NOT mysterious.

OK - time to stop thinking out loud.

Cheers,

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems to characterise our age." Albert Einstein

Edits: 06/11/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.