Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: ABBY QUESTIONS

I think you already got diverse views.

I got abbys and I think they are the best speakers for rock that I have. They need a sub of course.

I like classic rock, and I just got an Eric Burton cd that I love to play on the abbys. The songs go from house of the rising sun to spill the wine, san francisco nights, to to other older songs that have great beat.

I have altec valencias in the same room and they are not slouches either for rock, but I like the abbys better for rock. They made the mids a little more prominent the way I like it for rock. (valencias are bette for voice type of music).

I also have some other stuff that I would say rock very well but I like the abbys alot better.

I'm in a smaller room, probably only 11 by 8 with a low attic ceiling. I generally use a 45 amp and i have a 200 dollar sub that really seems to work well. But a 2a3 amp seems to be a little better for rock and soul rhythms.

depending on the amp and plate voltages you can throw 2a3's in 45 amps without a problem.

I also think that fostex drivers can do very well, and perhaps sometimes better with non-set amps when you just want to rock.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: ABBY QUESTIONS - njjohn 14:21:33 01/05/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.