Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Agressive toe-in with horns?

Due to the configuration of my living room I have to sit much closer to my horns that I normally would, PLUS I'm actually sitting in one of the null points for midbass frequencies it seems.
That gives me a rather meager and midrange/treble prominent balance when the horns are what I call "normally" toed-in (firing just behind shoulders), and a precise but rather cold stereo image.
I used to artificially pad down the relative levels of midrange and tweeters, creating other issues.
So I've decided to stop messing with the levels and try a more radical positioning of the speakers instead: i know have them pushed in the corners, crossing a few feet in front of me. Left speaker fires at the right end of the sofa, and right speaker at the left end of the sofa (it's a pretty long LC3 sofa).
Such placement helps a lot, I feel, when listening to horns in near field and helps boosting ambience and warmth. It's not perfect tho and sometimes creates ping-pong st

Edits: 05/29/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Agressive toe-in with horns? - KanedaK 09:47:56 05/29/17 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.