Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Stax

I must agree re STAX. I've had the SR-207, and I currently own SR-407 & 507 pairs. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to Schubert right now, on record, through the 507 pair. The experience is always consistently excellent. Blows away electrodynamic phones. I have both a solid state & a tube energizer. Both are very good. The tube unit is in rotation until I can get the solid state one serviced. The little energizer box that came with the 207 pair burned out shortly after purchase.

That being being, I do wish STAX would improve the materials used in manufacturing. The pads on the 507 pair are migrating off-center of the earspeaker cups, leaving a gooey adhesive mess behind. (I have replacement adhesive pads, but I've been too lazy to fix the problem.) STAX earspeakers also have a cheap feel to them, which is hard to square with the outstanding sound quality & high price of admission.

"'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice./And when justice is gone, there's always force./And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!" Laurie Anderson, "O Superman (For Massenet)"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Stax - sisterray 12:50:46 01/31/23 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.