I am looking to get one mainly for travel. I have read reviews but I'd like to hear from long-term owners.
I plan to get a new wired over-ear closed-back headphone in the Shure SRH1540 largely because I find them quite comfortable which for me is the number one thing for headphones.
The main specs are:
Sensitivity. @ 1 kHz. 99 dB/mW.
Impedance. @ 1 kHz. 46 Ω
I do not want external headphone amps - so I want a DAP that will power these without noise (Fiio has some complaints in this regard with certain headphones).
I do not need streaming or Bluetooth (it's okay if it is there but not really needed) and would prefer long battery life - my flight to Canada and train, bus, ferry, and taxi is a combined 16-17 hours so something approaching this (or that has a fast battery charge) would be ideal.
My front runners are the
Astell and Kern A&Norma A25MKII ($5,900 HKD)
ibasso DX240 ($6,500 HKD)
Sony NW-ZX507 (4,990 HKD)
I do like an easy user interface so I prefer spending a bit more on these with nicer screens and an android interface over scrolling of clunky MP3 players.
I am leaning toward the Sony because it's the cheapest and like the others has a lot of supporters. Albeit it doesn't have a nice volume wheel.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Digital Audio Players (DAP) - Your experience - RGA 22:56:13 10/09/22 (8)
- RE: Digital Audio Players (DAP) - Your experience - rrsands 04:18:15 10/25/22 (0)
- Some ideas - Budrew 20:40:31 10/24/22 (1)
- RE: Some ideas - ornery 19:34:41 12/01/22 (0)
- As is usual - RGA 17:05:02 10/12/22 (0)
- This is just me... - Audio Snob 16:51:54 10/12/22 (1)
- RE: This is just me... - RGA 16:56:50 10/12/22 (0)
- RE: Digital Audio Players (DAP) - Your experience - John Elison 12:55:00 10/12/22 (1)
- RE: Digital Audio Players (DAP) - Your experience - RGA 16:57:49 10/12/22 (0)