Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Blutooth Earpods batteries + Sony review

I know that the recharageable batteries in the Apple Earpods can't be replaced. So you're out a pile of money when they stop holding a charge. Are there any Bluetooth earpods/earbuds on the market with replaceable batteries.

I have the Sony Bluetooth headphones WH-MX1000MX2. These have been replaced by version 3 (which is said to be improved in sound and noise cancellation), and version 4 is rumored for fall release.

The noise cancellation is excellent (better than on Bose QC15 that they replaced). Works fine for phone calls and videochat (I use it daily for telepsychology sessions). The sound is listenable, but not as good as, say, Sennheiser HD-600's. However, when you are using them with a smartphone, the Sony Headphone Connect app includes an equalizer that can reduce the excessive low end and add some midrange or highs. One downside is that they are closed-back and have memory foam pads, which can sometimes warm up your ears quite a bit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.