Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Sansui SS-2.....

My parents bought me these when I was first interested in two-channel audio...... (I got these so I can listen to music while my parents watched TV, in the same room.) What I remember from the literature was a "specially developed cone paper" for the drivers...... (Even as a child, the phrase kind of struck me as a bizarre choice of words. I also thought "Sansui" was a kind of a "drug store brand", didn't realize it wasn't.) A far cry from the planar designs of recent time.

I then "upgraded" to Koss K/2+2 headphones..... Even though they were optimized for quadraphonic but could only listen to them in "stereo" mode. I do remember them having a "solid" build and a "richer" sound. (But in retropect, I didn't know if they were actually "better".) But the ear pieces resembled the higher rated Koss and "Realistic" brand units in Consumer Reports.... (I didn't yet realize that Consumer Reports wasn't exactly a reliable authority on audio gear.)

Edits: 05/11/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sansui SS-2..... - Todd Krieger 22:27:44 05/11/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.