In Reply to: Schiit Jotunheim-R @$800 is a screaming deal then posted by RhythmDevil on May 7, 2020 at 13:11:50:
in order to squeeze out that last 10%, better headphones cables do make a difference. Unfortunately, Raal is using different pinouts for their connectors than customary, not to mention using female XLR connectors at cable-end instead of male.
This makes it very difficult to use expensive aftermarket headphone cables you already own with Raal.
I had to unsolder the wire from the ring of TRS connector and make/buy 4-pin female XLR to female XLR adapter(different pinout) to use my OCC pure silver litz headphone cable (Hifiman standard) with Raal, but it sure brought significant SQ improvements over stock cables.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Raal SR1a Ribbon Headphones - Jon L 17:31:37 04/25/20 (14)
- RE: Raal SR1a Ribbon Headphones - sisterray 18:19:58 04/25/20 (13)
- My experience... YMMV - RhythmDevil 17:37:38 05/03/20 (6)
- Raal HSA-1a amp $3900 - Jon L 09:00:25 05/07/20 (5)
- Schiit Jotunheim-R @$800 is a screaming deal then - RhythmDevil 13:11:50 05/07/20 (4)
- Special amplification - Jon L 15:48:55 04/26/20 (5)
- Raal vs Stax - Budrew 08:34:33 05/03/20 (4)
- RE: Raal vs Stax - Jon L 13:45:30 05/06/20 (3)
- RE: Raal vs Stax - Budrew 19:52:19 05/11/20 (2)
- Congrats! Now try the Meze Empyrean off of Jotunheim R - Jon L 21:21:47 05/11/20 (1)
- RE: Congrats! Now try the Meze Empyrean off of Jotunheim R - Blueoris 20:26:06 09/26/20 (0)