Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

soon a new dac/amp

on google play music, it is 320kbps which makes the quality pretty much good enough. I've been listening on headphones Grado PS1000) via the phone output on my Klipsch pro media comp speakers.

i will be ordering a monolith thx dac/amp and expect a noticeable increase in quality. in the meantime, i have explored the albums i wasn't entirely familiar with like Procession and my fave is Sportin' Life which has some great tunes and sound quality.

kind of a duplicate post that i started in Jazz Alley...as i have retired about three years ago, i live in my jointly owned (with daughter and her husband) home, i am pursuing a good headphone system including the above mentioned Grados.

things you find out about by using things like the right length of headphone cable and the increased micro-detail you get to hear with headphones, not that my living room speaker based system isn't excellent enough to provide such.

it also is good to have such a distraction in this time of self isolation during the global virus crisis. the opportunity to explore such a wide music catalog as is available on google play music is pleasurable. ordinarily, i prefer physical media, and i have plenty of that also.

i miss being able to attend the monthly meetings of the LA/OC Audio society and jaw with friends, and listen to things i can't afford yet be enlightened by them.

so let us all stay well and still enjoy one of the biggest joys of life--MUSIC.
...regards...tr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - soon a new dac/amp - hifitommy 14:10:43 04/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.