Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Stax SRM-007tll & SR-L700 system volume control...

What I would do is leave the preamp volume at the position you normally listen to music through your speakers and then adjust the headphone volume at the headphone amplifier. I say that because normally the headphone amplifier is sitting close to you. On the other hand, if neither is close to you, I'd adjust volume with one that has remote capability. The bottom line is that you want to be able to adjust volume at your listening position. As far as finding the best sound quality, you can experiment, but I wouldn't have one volume turned down real low while the other is turned up real high. I agree with you that your DAC should be connected by its fixed volume outputs.

Another option is to connect the SRM-007tII to the fixed volume tape outputs on your preamp. That's what I always did. My Stax headphone amplifier had two sets of inputs that were tied together in parallel for the purpose of providing a second set of tape outputs when the Stax amplifier was connected to the ones on the preamp.

Good luck,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.