Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

This is why my "Walnut" DAP sounds best with its EQ set to "JAZZ"

LOL - Jazz = FLAT setting. a couple of other settings can be semi-useful with crappy on/over ear cans. My IEM are voiced pretty bright and that combined with imperfect seal and no ability by the Walnut to actually boos the low end relative to its midrange, leave things too thin and strident with IEM. Even something like SHBP9500 could stand a bit of low end boost.

Might you folks recommend a cheap but cheerful player with some low end EQ ability? (( - or perhaps a cheap but competent portable headfphone amp with some EQ ability as the Walnut does have a line out?)

A Good Note - Walnut's Line Out is ~dead flat from 20Hz to 18.8KHz using averaged pink noise from an mp3 source to it should be a good player to use in conjunction with a decent external headphone amp.

I'd also appreciate seeing curves on other players. I could not find one on the Walnut so measured it myself.

my link got lost - here's line out with "JAZZ"

Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 11/21/19 11/21/19 11/21/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - This is why my "Walnut" DAP sounds best with its EQ set to "JAZZ" - freddyi 15:10:53 11/21/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.