Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

First impressions: Dekoni Audio EPZ-HD800-HYB Elite Hybrid Ear Pads for Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

I did get the Dekoni Audio EPZ-HD800-HYB Elite Hybrid Ear Pads. The first thing I noticed was how much thicker they were than the original Sennheiser's. Also the surface that meets your head is not rounded. Perhaps that makes a better seal.

The Hybrid refers to their having three different materials on the three surfaces. The inner surface is fenestrated sheepskin, the outer surface is sheepskin and the surface that touches your head is velour. The memory foam is much more comfortable than the stock pads.

Unfortunately my music sources are somewhat limited so I can't fully appreciate the Dekoni pads nor the Senns. The Onkyo DP-X1a, while quite good sonically, does not have the ability to drive them fully, even at max output. The other source is an ASUS TUF FX705G laptop which does not have the power to drive them fully either. I used Tidal MQA files on both. Stored on the Onkyo, streamed on the ASUS. A search is on for a DAC/headphone amp but that is a story for another forum.

Sonically the bass was better articulated and the amplitude of the lower bass was increased somewhat. The treble was also better articulated and some of the occasional high frequency harshness was reduced.

I also noticed the listening experience was more like that of speakers. It seemed more like the sonic experience of being in a room and not so much in my head.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • First impressions: Dekoni Audio EPZ-HD800-HYB Elite Hybrid Ear Pads for Sennheiser HD800 Headphones - SteveJewels 10:26:34 10/27/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.