Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD800 headphones

Post this in the headphone forum or in the Digital forum? I'll give it a go here.

I am working out of town and living in a hotel. This limits my choices of music reproduction equipment somewhat to say the least.

I have an Onkyo DP-X1a which I have been using with Audio-Technica IM04 IEM's. Good setup but I find the IEM's inconvenient to use all of the time so I got some Sennheiser HD800 headphones.

I am looking for a headphone amp DAC combination that will work well with the Senns, something that will drive the Senns well and has a good quality DAC. I posted in this forum to hopefully find input from people that understand and have experience with the Senns and amps. I would connect the DAC/Amp to my laptop. Also want to have balanced output. That shortens the list a bit. LOL

I have a Tidal account so I would also want the DAC to have MQA capability, preferably to fully unfold MQA.

Edits: 10/21/19 10/21/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD800 headphones - SteveJewels 02:28:09 10/21/19 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.