Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Once you go Stax...you never go back!

Grant -

Very, very true. Nothing in my experience beats stats. That said, it's a pretty closed ecosystem. Not a lot of amplification choices, and the two primary players are Stax & Koss. Both situations are slowly changing. The equipment does keep its value.

I do want to try the Koss, using an adaptor cable & my SRM-1/Mk2.

I prefer the 507s, although I'd be intererested in listening to the L-700s. The opinion of some on Head-case.org is that the 507s are awful, the worst compared to others in the product line, that even the intro-line 207s are better. I won't engage in defending my personal preference. I respect one specific person's other opinions on that board, and pissing contests are not for me. This is a hobby, not religion, politics, nor soccer.

For me, Bass definition is better in the 507s compared to the 207s. Drums sound more saturated. Presentation may also be a bit quicker. The 507s have a thinner diaphragm, which means less mass to move. Ergonomically, they fit my head more comfortably. The pads are leather, and the cable is detachable. The cable itself & the plug are quite durable.

"'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice./And when justice is gone, there's always force./And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!" Laurie Anderson, "O Superman (For Massenet)"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Once you go Stax...you never go back! - sisterray 18:00:56 10/05/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.