Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: headphone advice

Randy -

I have become somewhat of an evangelist for electrostatic headphones, so take my recommendation with that in mind. When I discover something I enjoy, I like to share it.

I've used good to excellent electrodynamics with solid state & OTL amplification. To me, there is no comparison: Stats give the listener speed, transparency, and sound stage that are impossible with traditional phones. Yes, it's expensive, and the choice of gear is limited (this is changing), but I believe it's worth it. eBay is your friend if your a careful shopper. With that in mind, DO NOT BUY directly from Japan through eBay. The warranties are no good outside of the country, and the amps are NOT compatible with US line voltage. There are authorized domestic sellers for new gear that will not burn out when plugged into a US outlet.

There is bias against stats because of the adaptor boxes of decades past & the old Koss cans that were uncomfortable. We're way past all of that.

"'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice./And when justice is gone, there's always force./And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!" Laurie Anderson, "O Superman (For Massenet)"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.