Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

headphone advice

I have recently been diagnosed with Central Auditory Processing Disorder which makes it pretty much impossible for me to distinguish sound location/ direction coming from my speakers (even in the near field). However, headphone listening works well for me. I currently have an ancient (vintage) pair of Sennheiser HD 424's run through either my Leben or my Macintosh integrated amps. This setup sounds good but I am interested in upgrading my headphones. "The rub," as Shakespeare once said, is that I don't know what I should be listening for as I audition 'phones because I don't know what a good set is capable of achieving given the right front-end.
I've read quite a few reviews on audio sites. Some reviewers mention tone/ timber, tactile experience, and spaciousness (sound staging?). But aside from these reviewers (who may or may not have their own agendas), what should I expect regarding the sound qualities of a very good to excellent pair of headphones?
Thanks,
Randy

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - headphone advice - Dr RAC 05:43:36 10/01/19 (42)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.