Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Again, a better time to review is after break-in. My Sony 9000es was a real disappointment when I

first bought it but once it was broken in it sounded wonderful. My Dennon 2900 now sounds (after a week of constant excersize) at least as good as or better than the Sony 9000 and it's still in its break-in phase.

By the way, if you can get your hands on the Diana Krall DTS recording of "Love Scenes", try it in 5.1 (I know you can't at home but maybe where you work).

One other point, since I first purchased my Tecnics A10 DVD-A player and now at an accelerated rate since buying the Dennon, I've scooped up almost every DVD-A, SACD, and DTS classical multichannel disc available within 50 miles (there are still some jazz MCs out there waiting to be latched onto). I just love being enveloped by the music along with its ambience. From my experience that's where the Dennon really shines (and it's great that no external processor is required to enjoy these formats).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Again, a better time to review is after break-in. My Sony 9000es was a real disappointment when I - Striving for Musical Clarity 23:47:19 05/12/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.